Datatype for textarea

Patrick Mulder

Jan 18, 2013, 11:14:32 AM1/18/13
to Ashikawa AvocadoDB
Hello,

another small question: In a Post class with ActiveRecord, there would
be an attribute like

post:text

What datatype/attribute class would you suggest for using with
'text' ? String is a bit of SQL thinking (= VARCHAR(255)), or?

Cheers,

Patrick

Lucas Dohmen

Jan 19, 2013, 4:49:24 PM1/19/13
to ashi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

String is totally correct in Ashikawa, you do not need a special type "text" as in RDBMSs.
Both Ruby and ArangoDB do not differentiate between short String and long text :)

But maybe I didn't understand the question?

Best Wishes,
Lucas

Patrick Mulder

Jan 20, 2013, 3:39:21 AM1/20/13
to ashi...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 10:49 PM, Lucas Dohmen <lucas....@koeln.de> wrote:
Hi,

String is totally correct in Ashikawa, you do not need a special type "text" as in RDBMSs.
Both Ruby and ArangoDB do not differentiate between short String and long text :)

But maybe I didn't understand the question?

Ok, that answered my question; I was just not sure, if I was maybe touching a new concept for me.

Lucas Dohmen

Jan 21, 2013, 4:03:30 AM1/21/13
to ashi...@googlegroups.com
Good :)