Ruby on Rails 4 with Guacamole not find/load the adapter

Aurélien Léger

Apr 24, 2014, 9:30:58 AM4/24/14
to ashi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just started to watch and test ArangoDB and I wanted to start to use it with Ruby on Rails.

For that I make a new project on Rails 4 and see to use Guacamole.
But if I try to load the default page of Rails or use Rake, I have an error that the application not find or could not load the adapter.

I have the Guacamole gem and set my configuration in database.yml (with the same way on the Guacamole README).

Am I missing something? Have you an idea of what is the problem?

Thanks for reading.

Lucas Dohmen

Apr 24, 2014, 2:35:48 PM4/24/14
to ashi...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

Sorry for the inconvenience, we will work on our documentation very soon. It really needs some work! :)

I think you gave the file the wrong name. It should be named ‘guacamole.yml’, not ‘database.yml’ :) Could you check that?

Best Wishes
Lucas

signature.asc

Breuer Dirk

Apr 25, 2014, 3:27:28 AM4/25/14
to ashi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

yes, it should be `guacamole.yml`. While we're at it, would you prefer `database.yml`? For convenience reasons? The drawback would be, that you could not mix ArangoDB with a RDBMS. What do you think about this?

And thanks for getting started with Guacamole :-)

Best regards
Dirk
signature.asc

Aurélien Léger

Apr 25, 2014, 7:13:47 AM4/25/14
to ashi...@googlegroups.com
Hi, thanks for your answers,

guacamole.yml is what I read and try but it didn't work too (but maybe because I rename database.yml?).
I will try one more time.

And actually I never had to work with multiple databases - type, so I don't really know for guacamole.yml or database.yml in this case.

Aurélien Léger

Apr 25, 2014, 8:13:25 AM4/25/14
to ashi...@googlegroups.com
So I test and it works.
It was - probably - because I rename my database.yml when I make my guacamole.yml and Rails could not find database.yml and it's normal.

When I test, I had an error with my configuration on guacamole.yml because I use dotenv.
I use the ENV['VAR'] to configure globale variables but it not work in guacamole:
`split': bad URI(is not URI?): <%= ENV['PROTOCOL'] %>://<%= ENV['HOST'] %>:<%= ENV['PORT'] %>/_db/<%= ENV['DATABASE'] %>/_api (URI::InvalidURIError)

I think Guacamole don't replace the variables by their values.

Breuer Dirk

Apr 25, 2014, 8:58:04 AM4/25/14
to ashi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your effort on this issue.

> So I test and it works.
> It was - probably - because I rename my database.yml when I make my guacamole.yml and Rails could not find database.yml and it's normal.
Yes, you need to deactivate ActiveRecord for this.

> When I test, I had an error with my configuration on guacamole.yml because I use dotenv.
> I use the ENV['VAR'] to configure globale variables but it not work in guacamole:
> `split': bad URI(is not URI?): <%= ENV['PROTOCOL'] %>://<%= ENV['HOST'] %>:<%= ENV['PORT'] %>/_db/<%= ENV['DATABASE'] %>/_api (URI::InvalidURIError)
Currently you're right: We just take what was defined in `guacamole.yml`. We could of course add an ERB step before parsing the YAML. And it Rails seems to do the very same thing.

I created an issue for that: https://github.com/triAGENS/guacamole/issues/47

Unfortunately I don't have the time to deal with it right away. You have too options: don't use dotenv for now (it will not take longer than 2 weeks) or fix it by yourself ;-)

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, really helps us.

Regards
Dirk

> I think Guacamole don't replace the variables by their values.

signature.asc

Aurélien Léger

Apr 25, 2014, 9:56:49 AM4/25/14
to ashi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your answer and glad I could help.

For now I will test without dotenv to play a little with Guacamole and ArangoDB. :)