SLS 3D Printer from Formlabs

Robert Schultz

Aug 27, 2017, 11:29:41 AM8/27/17
to Asheville Makers
The upcoming SLS 3D printer from Formlabs, the Fuse 1, just looks amazing.

This video gives a walk through of how it works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrFYt3uUdrI

The types of parts you can print with this thing are amazing. If you find yourself with 18 minutes, it's a great video to watch.

It would be a tight squeeze space-wise at the makerspace though, not sure where the printer+processing+mixing stations would go. Also SLS historically produces some powder mess, although they have thought of that for the entire process. Still, not sure I'd want that floating around the space. It also needs a dedicated 120V 15A circut, although that could probably be put in. Still though, I'm tempted to put down a deposit :)

Zak Smolen

Aug 27, 2017, 11:36:38 PM8/27/17
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
uuuugh that's incredible. I'd love an SLA printer at the space. They did a great job designing a relatively accessible unit.