501(c)(3) Status Update

Steve Altemeier

Jul 22, 2016, 5:43:03 PM7/22/16
to Asheville Makers
We received notice from the IRS today that our 501(c)(3) status has been approved!

Stephen Carter

Jul 22, 2016, 5:49:33 PM7/22/16
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Wonderful! Great work!

Carter

Stephen N. Carter
Asheville, NC 28803

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 5:43 PM, Steve Altemeier <steve.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
We received notice from the IRS today that our 501(c)(3) status has been approved!

Robert Schultz

Jul 22, 2016, 6:30:16 PM7/22/16
to Asheville Makers
Congratulations indeed!!! Woot! Thanks for taking care of getting it all submitted! Zam!

Ian Baillie

Jul 22, 2016, 7:07:49 PM7/22/16
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Woot! This is great news!

Jul 23, 2016, 8:09:20 AM7/23/16
to Asheville Makers
Great job Steve and everyone else who is helping to create a strong organization.

Tom

Steve Altemeier

Jul 23, 2016, 8:59:00 AM7/23/16
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
I have to give credit to the IRS (I know!), but they made it really easy.  The hardest part of the process was getting the bank account set up so we could pay the application fee.

Nicholas Rake

Jul 24, 2016, 6:39:02 PM7/24/16
to Asheville Makers
Awesome! I've been talking to DJ Kutzu from Asheville FM and he said once we had our status, he will run radio PSAs for us gratis.

Suz

Jul 25, 2016, 9:53:51 PM7/25/16
to Asheville Makers
Yeah!!! congrats guys!

Trevor Carr

Jul 28, 2016, 2:02:12 PM7/28/16
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
I would volunteer to do the bookkeeping in QuickBooks--to account for revenues and expenses, then generate an income statement and balance sheet information ti be transferred to the annual IRS form 990 (postcard version). It would be an honor if you would choose me for the job. --Trevor

With best regards,

Trevor