Anyone with HVAC Experience?

Steve Altemeier

Jan 8, 2018, 1:43:06 PM1/8/18
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
I am wondering if we can use a donated room dehumidifier (still works) to build a water chiller for our laser cutter.  I *think* the way we would do this would be to extend the connections to the evaporator so that it could sit in the water to be chilled.  But, of course, to do this, we would need to capture the freon in the system, and then recharge the system once it has been modified.

Does anyone out there have HVAC experience to the point where they would be able to capture the freon and then recharge the system for us once the modifications are done?

And of course, any thoughts on the best way to make a water chiller from a room dehumidifier (or thoughts on why this won't work) are always welcome!

Thanks!