Leaving the lights on

Zak Smolen

Sep 2, 2016, 6:10:05 PM9/2/16
to Asheville Makers
I just started a pretty long print and want to be able to keep an eye on it tonight so I'm leaving the back of the room lights on. If anyone stops by this evening please leave those on when you leave (and feel free to check the print and kill it if it is failing). I'm working on a better long-term solution for this so we won't have to leave the room lights on all the time to keep an eye on our prints.

Zak Smolen

Sep 2, 2016, 11:22:53 PM9/2/16
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Luckily I did this because after about 4 hours of a 10 hour print I checked it and saw that there were a few fuzzy looking spots and sure enough when I came down to the space to check some of the pieces were just starting to mess up. Trying another medium length print (some replacement parts for the hand project) but it should be done by the morning so if anyone wants to use the printer tomorrow feel free to set the pieces aside if I haven't picked them up yet.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 2, 2016, at 6:10 PM, Zak Smolen <zaks...@gmail.com> wrote:

I just started a pretty long print and want to be able to keep an eye on it tonight so I'm leaving the back of the room lights on. If anyone stops by this evening please leave those on when you leave (and feel free to check the print and kill it if it is failing). I'm working on a better long-term solution for this so we won't have to leave the room lights on all the time to keep an eye on our prints.

Zak Smolen

Avi Silverman

Sep 3, 2016, 1:17:14 PM9/3/16
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com

Zak, I took your print off the bed and put them next to the computer. Also, started a 5hour print.

Avi

Zak Smolen

Sep 3, 2016, 1:50:41 PM9/3/16
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! I'll be by later today to pick them up and drop off a new giant shop vac for the space.