Grand Opening and First Friday

Avi Silverman

Oct 1, 2016, 8:05:50 PM10/1/16
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com

FYI see below message from Stefanie, and thanks to everyone that turned up to the grand opening of the building on Thursday to hold down the space and represent us. I thought it was pretty awesome.

I don't think I'll be able to make it this coming Friday, but if some folk wanted to be there to keep the space open, it sounds like we might get a small crowd.

Avi

> Hi everyone,
>
> Thank you so much for working so hard to get your spaces and the entire building ready for the grand opening on Thursday night! We had such a dynamic, energetic,and enthusiastic crowd. Over 700 people came through the building! I know they were super impressed and will help us spread the news about all of the good things happening here.
>
> We at the Arts Council are so proud and honored to be working alongside all of you. Thanks for making this such a great place to work!
>
> I wanted to also send a friendly reminder that we will be keeping The Refinery open the evening of Friday, October 7 until 8:00 pm for First Friday and the reception of our current exhibition Best of WNC: Emerging Craft Artist Showcase. If you are around and interested in keeping your studio open that evening please do. We typically have at least 100 people come through for receptions, however I have a feeling we can expect a little more in attendance for this one based on the exhibit and the excitement around the building. Please let me know if you have any questions.
>
> Enjoy your weekends!
> Stefanie
>

> Stefanie Gerber Darr
> Executive Director
> 828.258.0710

Tim Swihart, Sr.

Oct 4, 2016, 11:23:16 PM10/4/16
to Asheville Makers
I'll try to be there Friday evening.  It would be great to have a laser project (besides just the built-in demo) working to show some of what it can do.  I'll drop by tomorrow afternoon to see if I can snag a copy of the PDF for the user manual to see what it will take to get some of my Epilog laser projects working on our new one.  I suspect the "embedded software" that the user manual talks about will do the trick but I'll need to get those installation files from the laser's DVD to start experimenting.