Oxy-Acetylene setup?

charlieh...@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2017, 3:38:36 PM10/18/17
to Asheville Makers
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if y'all already had an oxy acetlyene setup or had any plans on getting your hands on one? I realize this group may not be interested in welding.

Thanks,
CHM

Zak Smolen

Oct 18, 2017, 3:43:38 PM10/18/17
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
We'd love to have one, and I believe some individual members have their own setup, but currently we don't really have any place to do welding.

Thanks,
Zak

Charlie Myers

Oct 18, 2017, 3:53:43 PM10/18/17
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic,

I will be moving to Asheville in about two weeks and I'll be looking to build drones, bikes, and battery banks. If you all have any members who may be interested in leading workshops or private lessons on those topics, I'd be interested.

Thanks,.
CHM

Zak Smolen

Oct 18, 2017, 4:40:05 PM10/18/17
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
We definitely have people interested in all of those topics so I'm sure you'll find some like-minded people. We have open meetings every Tuesday evening at 7:00 so feel free to stop by!

Bob Sinclair

Oct 23, 2017, 6:15:05 PM10/23/17
to Asheville Makers
I have tanks, torch, cutter. Outside use only with our current space, but available (within reason) for members to play with. I also (kinda) have a plasma cutter...
B.

John Hay

Oct 23, 2017, 6:22:12 PM10/23/17
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com, Asheville Makers
Please explain "kinda" have a plasma cutter.

Sent from my mobile 🚫⚓

Charlie Myers

Oct 23, 2017, 8:07:17 PM10/23/17
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Hey Bob,

I would be very interested in talking with you further about the oxy-acetylene setup. I have had the dream of learning for a very long time, but don't have the money to bust on a full setup just yet.

Thanks,
CHM

Bob Sinclair

Oct 24, 2017, 6:36:38 PM10/24/17
to Asheville Makers
John - It is mine but it's kinda on long term loan and a share in it may have sorta been granted to someone else. But I can certainly get hold of it if projects are calling...
And before you ask, no, it's not a "small" one :-)

ChaBuku Alex Bakke

Nov 10, 2017, 9:42:56 AM11/10/17
to Asheville Makers
I've got a little experience welding, but have never had my own setup nor continuous practice. I'm definitely interested in doing more of it for projects.

Is this something that can even be done at the space? Is this type of thing a requirement we might want for the next space we want to move to? I was considering some of that with the space we have right now that often the cleanliness (lack of) some of the cool toys we enjoy might not be conducive to some of the other stuff we have in the space. Maybe having a new space can create some segregation between the messy stuff and the more clean-room suited stuff.

Just wanted to throw those out there for future consideration.