Space Update - January Move-in Expected

Steve Altemeier

Dec 31, 2015, 1:37:15 PM12/31/15
to Asheville Makers
Just a quick update on the new space at 207 Coxe Ave. since I know we're all anxious to get moved in.  There are two main things that need to happen before we are officially in the new space.

1) The building owners need to get a Certificate of Occupancy.  As I understand it, the last remaining work needed to get the CO is supposed to be done this week, so hopefully they will get the CO next week (I was told the city is actually pretty quick about this).

2) We need to finalize a lease agreement. We are discussing with the property manager, and I don't foresee any issues at this point.

So, what this means, is that hopefully we will be able to start moving things in as ealy as next week!  We'll post updates as we get them.

Also, as we prepare to move into the new space, we have changed the dues structure slightly - this information can be found on the web-site.  We'll be tight for cash around the move-in since the entire annual insurance premium is due up front and we'll also need tp pay a deposit as well as first month's rent, so the earlier you can get January dues paid, the better.

Thanks, and I hope every one has a safe and enjoyable New Year's tonight!