High-ish power DC regulator

瀏覽次數:6 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Zak Smolen

未讀,
2017年5月30日 下午1:04:432017/5/30
收件者:ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone have a decently high power DC regulator I can borrow to test? I need 5V (or variable) and ideally something that can handle at least 5-8A. I have tracked down some issues with the hand to the massive current spike that the motors are causing under load and want to ideally test out some different power supplies before purchasing one.

The servo motors are pulling around 3.5A when powered and set to move, but not under any actual load. Specs say that the stall current can be up to 1.5A (x5 motors) so possible max current of 7.5ish Amps... No wonder I was melting 3A regulators, or getting crazy voltage dips.

If anyone has something on hand and could bring it tonight for testing I'd be immensely grateful.

Thanks,
Zak

Jess Hires

未讀,
2017年5月30日 下午4:18:082017/5/30
收件者:Asheville Makers
An old PC power supply should do the trick, just have to be careful getting it setup.

Zak Smolen

未讀,
2017年5月30日 下午4:26:032017/5/30
收件者:ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Haha I'm looking for a regulator to take 7.4V from a battery and turn to 5V, bunch o' Amps. I have had lots of issues with this project where things worked with really robust power supplies but don't work well off of regulated battery input, so I'm looking for something a bit more realistic. I may just bite the bullet and order one, and if it doesn't work for my needs I'm sure I'll find another use for it.

回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息