Skills List

Steve Altemeier

Jul 19, 2016, 9:30:27 PM7/19/16
to Asheville Makers
As discussed previously, we are going to start creating a list of skills that people have who would be willing to help answer questions, etc. as a resource.  If you would be willing to share your knowledge/experience with others (whether you are a member or not), please send an e-mail to theashevi...@gmail.com including:

Name
Contact Info - e-mail and/or phone and preferred method of contact (only include phone # if you are okay with people calling you with questions)
Skills
Experience Level for each skill - beginning, intermediate, advanced

Example:
Jane Doe
phone: n/a
Skils:
  Arduino - intermediate
  3D printing - beginning
  KiCad - intermediate
  Print making - advanced

To protect your contact info, the list will be available to members of the Asheville Makers but not publicly available.  Non-members interested in getting help on a topic would need to contact us to request assistance.

Thanks, and if you have any further thoughts about this, please feel free to share those.

Steve

Bob Sinclair

Sep 11, 2016, 9:24:40 PM9/11/16
to Asheville Makers
I'd really like to see this list worked on and posted somewhere on the site. (Just sent in an email with my eclectic history). I think it would be great to have people we can PM or ask in some other way for help with projects.

-- I think also it would be useful (at least it I think I would find it useful!) to have a list somewhere of "stuff I'd like to learn" or "stuff I'd like to get some insight on". (Maybe that's just a new "help" post thread here although I think a "people looking for help" link on the website might be stickier than a post on the group that someone new will probably not see.)

-- Also (maybe just another post thread here) "stuff I'd be willing to teach or demo."

-- And another list that should be perhaps limited to member-only access, some kind of tool library. As in, I have "this and this" that I would probably be OK leaving at the space for a few weeks for someone to work with it and I have "that and that" which I'd be happy to help someone use to get a project done but don't want to leave unattended.

2c.
Bob.