Old Treadmill

Jerry Tice

Sep 10, 2016, 1:11:21 PM9/10/16
to Asheville Makers
Guys,

I have an old treadmill that I am getting rid of. Planning to take it to the scrap yard unless someone wants it for parts.  It still runs fine but has a short in it somewhere that will give you a nasty shock if you touch any metal parts - like the handlebar (imagine my surprise the first time....). But the motor runs strong and all the LEDs work. So if anyone wants to part it out let me know ASAP.  I would do it myself but I am out of spare part storage space.  I would be happy to meet someone at the space with it.

Jerry

Avi Silverman

Sep 10, 2016, 1:39:07 PM9/10/16
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com

Wait... you have a treadmill that shocks the hell out of you... and you want to get rid of it?! o.O?

Sounds to me like a wire got pinched or frayed and is touching a piece of metal somewhere inside. Probably a fairly easy fix, but I at least don't have the time right now . That being said, we are having a repair cafe in a couple weeks (Sept 24) if you, or anyone else wants to work on it.

Avi