DIY Segway Reconnect

Bill Nixdorf

Oct 15, 2014, 10:45:54 AM10/15/14
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
In the last episode of DIY Segway - Special Robotics Unit, Avi and Bill pulled an all-nighter, mysterious magic blue smoke arose from the electronics, Avi took the DIY Segway to Maker Faire Atlanta, some things caught on fire, Ian defected to a rival gang of Maker thugs, Bill got caught up in an online electronics love triangle, Tiffany took down some bad guys, Avi waved his magic soldering iron which somehow fixed the DIY Segway and it was last reported that Dallas made off with 10 kilos of fine solder and is heading west on I40 at an impressive 5 miles per hour. That sure was an exciting episode. What do y'all say we get together, evaluate our progress and get ready for the season finale?

Bill Nixdorf

Oct 15, 2014, 10:48:51 AM10/15/14
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Also....      Avi has suggested a circuit board design get-together at his house with the very real possibility of integrating the micro-controller and motor controller on the same board (very cool). I would like to get-together so we can evaluate what we have and what we have learned so far, actually ride our prototype and make some decisions on what direction we would like to go with our more polished individual machines. I'd like to suggest scheduling these as two different get-togethers with Avi's event happening after we have a chance to evaluate and make some decisions on direction. I'd like to propose that we schedule the following two meetings sometime soon...

1. Evaluation and next steps event:
Bill's Availability: I am available tomorrow (Thursday, Oct 16th) anytime after work. This weekend is a possibility with some advanced scheduling. Anytime after work next week is looking good right now.

2. Circuit Board Design Awesomeness event:
Bill's Availability: Anytime after work next week is looking good right now. The following weekend (25th-26th) also looks good.

What do y'all say?

Bill Nixdorf

Oct 15, 2014, 6:16:08 PM10/15/14
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Don't be shy.

Dallas Taylor

Oct 16, 2014, 8:51:22 AM10/16/14
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
I am holding the segway in an undisclosed location for a ransom of pizza and beer. :P

Tiffany Reed

Oct 16, 2014, 3:53:33 PM10/16/14
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the awesome update Bill. I am sorry to be missing out on the weekly meetings and the DIY Segway meetings. My mom had multiple strokes on October 1and was hospitalized for 8 days. She is home now beginning a long recovery. Her left side was affected. Jowever, if you were to see her you would never know anything had happened. The only tell tale sign is her breathing, she came home with as needed oxygen. I am helping her out unyil she can get back on her feet. In the meantime, I am able to leave her home alone for short time periods. Hopefully soon I can make it out to visit Ian and possibly make it to a meeting. I hope this finds everyone makimg great things. Can't wait to see the usual suspects soon.

Tiffany Reed

Oct 16, 2014, 3:53:33 PM10/16/14
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com

Bill Nixdorf

Oct 16, 2014, 4:18:31 PM10/16/14
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Heya Dallas, Can I possibly get the Segway stuff from you before 6pm this evening? I just sent you an email about it that I'll paste here...

Hello Dallas, I'll be meeting with Avi and Ian this afternoon at 6:30pm for a one hour focused design engineering meeting. Avi said that you've got the stuff he brought down to Maker Faire Atlanta and I was wondering if it would be possible for me to get that stuff from you before 6pm. I'm available anytime between now and then. I can come to you to get it or if you like you can join us for pizza and beer at my house at 6pm. It's going to be a focused event though as everyone's time is limited this evening and wanted you to know that ahead of time. What works best for you kind Sir? Cheers! Bill

Bill Nixdorf

Oct 16, 2014, 4:21:55 PM10/16/14
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Hello Tiffany, I am so sorry to hear about your Mom but glad to know she is home now and doing better. Ian filled me in at our last meetup. I am thinking about you and wishing for your mom's speedy recovery and good health.

Tiffany Reed

Oct 16, 2014, 4:26:16 PM10/16/14
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Bill. I hope you guys have a great time tonight.

Steve Altemeier

Oct 17, 2014, 6:55:48 AM10/17/14
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Even though I'm not involved in the Segway project, I would be interested in attending the circuit board design meeting if I can - this is something I would like to learn a little about (since I currently know nothing).  If that works for you guys, please keep posted as to where/when that meeting will take place.  Thanks!

Avi Silverman

Oct 18, 2014, 4:04:16 PM10/18/14
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com

This Friday (24th) at 7pm would be the best time for me. Let me know if that works for anyone else.

Bill Nixdorf

Oct 20, 2014, 5:48:06 PM10/20/14
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Friday at 7pm works for me.

Bill Nixdorf

Nov 14, 2014, 5:50:48 PM11/14/14
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Tomorrow I plan to take my morning cup of coffee down to BIMCO to see what I can see. Come join me if you are into it. I'm also thininking that next Saturday might be a good day to get some stuff done in the basement. Perhaps we can regroup and make some progress on our robot. Let me know what y'all think.
-Bill