Makerspace Announcements

Zak Smolen

Aug 15, 2017, 12:36:36 PM8/15/17
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

A few announcements:

First off, remember that tonight is pizza night. I'll be at Asheville Brewing around 6:00 for pizza before heading to the space for the 7:00 meeting, most likely at a table outside. Feel free to join!

Also, I'd like to address cleanliness at the makerspace. I came by the space twice in the past week and found various prints and bits of supports and scraps strewn around the 3D printer. These scraps can get mashed into the rails of the printer and may eventually cause issues. Please be mindful of cleaning up the scraps and supports remaining from the printing process. Also, remember that unless you're printing something for the makerspace, you must record your filament use in the notebook besides the printer so you can pay for it. We usually settle up once a month with filament use.

Finally, please make sure to clean up after you use the laser cutter. The various little bits of wood, cardboard, paper, plastic, and whatever else is being cut pose a fire hazard if they build up underneath the grate.

Basically, in short, please clean up after using equipment so that the equipment stays in good condition and so the next person wanting to use it doesn't have to first clean someone else's mess.

Thanks,
Zak