Tea tray project

ChaBuku Alex Bakke

Dec 28, 2016, 10:53:20 AM12/28/16
to Asheville Makers

Hey y'all thanks for your help last night, here's a photo of my project from last night. I'll probably sand some of the lip walls using my Dremel's sanding tool to make those a little smoother.

Considering a wax or mineral spirit coat just to protect the engraving no idea how that will work.

Also, does anyone know which version of RDWorks the computer there uses? I want to familiarize myself with it and I saw it suggested that the newer versions might not be backwards compatible.

John Hay

Dec 28, 2016, 11:12:08 AM12/28/16
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Pretty sure its version 8.01.
Can I put this pic in the on-line gallery? http://wiki.ashevillemakers.org/doku.php?id=gallery

ChaBuku Alex Bakke

Dec 28, 2016, 11:43:58 AM12/28/16
to Asheville Makers
Certainly!

Here's the timelapse video of the first one:

On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 10:53 AM, ChaBuku Alex Bakke <cha...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey y'all thanks for your help last night, here's a photo of my project from last night. I'll probably sand some of the lip walls using my Dremel's sanding tool to make those a little smoother.

Considering a wax or mineral spirit coat just to protect the engraving no idea how that will work.

Also, does anyone know which version of RDWorks the computer there uses? I want to familiarize myself with it and I saw it suggested that the newer versions might not be backwards compatible.

Steve Altemeier

Dec 28, 2016, 12:54:11 PM12/28/16
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
It is 8.01.19

Tim Swihart, Sr.

Dec 29, 2016, 12:26:09 AM12/29/16
to Asheville Makers
You can download rdworks 8.0.19 free from the rdworks page on FaceBook (closed group but easy to get accepted).  .21 was released several days ago but removed a few days later...apparently it has some problems that got past the QA team...

ChaBuku Alex Bakke

Jan 18, 2017, 2:21:16 PM1/18/17
to Asheville Makers
Uploaded a photo into the gallery of the new tray I tried cutting on the CNC machine last night. It warped about 70% through the cut and had to be stopped to prevent gouging too far into the board.

After sitting for an evening the tray is no longer warped, which is good yet odd.

Going to try to print some CNC clamps I found on Thingiverse and utilize those next time in addition to the tape. Also try a different tape configuration.

Zak Smolen

Jan 18, 2017, 5:31:29 PM1/18/17
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
If your clamps don't work an easy solution is to take scrap wood and literally bolt it down. Either add some tabs you can manually remove and clean or make some sort of bracing that you can clamp the tray in.