Recommendation on USB based oscilloscope/data acquisition device

Jerry Tice

Oct 13, 2015, 1:38:08 AM10/13/15
to Asheville Makers
Anyone have any particular preferences for a USB oscilloscope?   I am considering picking up one to carry with me on the road as my old BK 2120 is not really a "portable" device.  I will be using it for simple analysis on circuits such as we are doing in the robotics class some of us are doing.

Jerry

Zak Smolen

Oct 13, 2015, 8:44:41 AM10/13/15
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
I remember seeing this one when I was looking into portable oscilloscopes (I didn't get one though) https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11702. Decent reviews, especially if you update the firmware. It's definitely portable and decent considering the price. I also saw this one https://www.sparkfun.com/products/12065 but with both of them I would make sure to read the reviews as some people have had concerns about bandwidth and things like that.