Two Events Coming Up

Steve Altemeier

Jul 21, 2016, 2:45:32 PM7/21/16
to Asheville Makers
First, I wanted to remind everyone that we will be salvaging the old desktop computers that are not in working condition on Sunday starting at 1:00.  It should be fun as well as educational, so come join us if you can!

Secondly, I wanted to give members a heads up that the first Fusion 360 CAD class is scheduled for the evening of August 10th at 7:00pm.  This first class will focus on an overview of the Fusion 360 interface and some of the things that can be done using Sketches.  We will also cover how to export an STL file of your design to print it on the 3D printer as well as how to export g-code to carve your design on the CNC router if there is time.  At this point, the class will be limited to members since we don't have many spots, but we will try to have a class for non-members in the future if there is sufficient interest.  Please RSVP on this post or to Ian or myself if you plan to attend so we can get a headcount.  You will need to bring a laptop with Fusion 360 installed and also have set up an Autodesk account (software and account are both free) before the class.  You can do that here.

Thanks!

Steve

John Hay

Jul 21, 2016, 3:18:34 PM7/21/16
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
I'm in for August 10th at 7pm.
-John Hay

Zak Smolen

Jul 21, 2016, 3:32:28 PM7/21/16
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Not 100% sure I can make it but I'm definitely interested and will try to come.

Simeón Cogswell

Jul 21, 2016, 4:02:24 PM7/21/16
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
I'm interested in the 10th as well, I'll just be getting back from GenCon so I'll see how chaotic everything is

stay healthy & warm blooded,
- Simeón Ira Augustine Cogswell