RAMPS Printer [Mostly?] Ready for Use

Steve Altemeier

Aug 3, 2017, 11:33:02 AM8/3/17
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
The RAMPS printer should be ready for use, and I have posted information about it including instructions on the wiki (be sure to read the Safety Info!).  If you are new to 3D printing, I would suggest sticking to the TAZ6 for now.  For more experienced users, please try it out and give us some feedback on the machine, profiles, directions on the wiki, etc. so we can get this machine dialed in to peak performance.

Thanks!

Avi Silverman

Aug 3, 2017, 11:52:26 AM8/3/17
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Any check-out procedure, or is the assumption that if you're already checked out on the Taz that you are good to go?

On Aug 3, 2017 11:33 AM, "Steve Altemeier" <steve.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
The RAMPS printer should be ready for use, and I have posted information about it including instructions on the wiki (be sure to read the Safety Info!).  If you are new to 3D printing, I would suggest sticking to the TAZ6 for now.  For more experienced users, please try it out and give us some feedback on the machine, profiles, directions on the wiki, etc. so we can get this machine dialed in to peak performance.

Thanks!

Steve Altemeier

Aug 3, 2017, 1:39:50 PM8/3/17
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
I would say that is a good assumption if you are checked out on the TAZ and pretty familiar with 3D printing and the various parameters that affect the results.  Also, I would like to get a sense of what I'm missing in the instructions!  But, anyone should feel free to ask questions if they would like some sort of a check-out.

Steve Altemeier

Aug 3, 2017, 1:42:30 PM8/3/17
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Also, I was thinking free filament on the RAMPS printer for now since we want people to play with it (and the filament we have may not be the best given it's age...).  If anyone has any strong view on this one way or another, please let a board member know and/or we can discuss at the next meeting.