Box-making sites for laser-cut boxes

Tim Swihart, Sr.

Feb 14, 2018, 1:02:02 AM2/14/18
to Asheville Makers
These URLs are being shared in response to a short discussion at this week's public meeting.  They're sites that speed-draw boxes with sides that interconnect (finger joints are the most common, but there are some other options):

For the first link, the setting for the laser kerf appears under a separate tab that shows up after you click, "Generate Laser Cutter Case Plans".

For the second one, the setting for the laser's kerf is buried under the "ADVANCED OPTIONS" button that doesn't look like a button.

There's at least one commercial app suite with more options, but it's almost $300 so I left that out.

Zak Smolen

Feb 14, 2018, 10:00:45 AM2/14/18
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Kacee has a ton of experience with box making now... Kacee, which one have you found better?

Kacee Granke

Feb 14, 2018, 10:54:02 AM2/14/18
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
http://www.festi.info/boxes.py/ has the most options so you can make basically any box imaginable. I found the website occasionally experienced instability and would not load or would not generate files, but mostly worked fine. This became my go-to.

http://www.makercase.com was the most user friendly for getting started.

Tim Swihart, Sr.