Website Updates

Patrick Davis

Dec 17, 2015, 9:05:26 AM12/17/15
to Asheville Makers
Hey All,

Avi was kind enough to give me access to the website to begin updating it.  In a lot of cases the website acts as an ambassador and a first look into the group.  I want to do some member highlights and talk about the skill sets and projects our members are working on.  My goal is to start doing regular weekly updates, so if anyone has a project they want to showcase or a topic they want to post, let me know!  I also plan on giving a recap of the Tuesday night meetings with some pictures and any public discussions we want to highlight.  The main objective is to show that we are very much active and a welcoming group.

I do have a question for the people who are involved with the current negotiations for the new space.  Does anyone have any pictures of the building and the inside?  I would love to show the progress as we get everything setup.  If not, is there a date someone will be there any time soon?  I might be able to meet you and just take a couple of quick photos, or if you want to take the pictures and just send them to me, that would work just as well.

Tom Heck

Dec 17, 2015, 9:24:07 AM12/17/15
to Asheville Makers
Thank you for volunteering Patrick!

Tom

Avi Silverman

Dec 17, 2015, 10:57:32 AM12/17/15
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Patrick!

I can probably come up with a project to write about at some point, but it'll probably have to wait until after the new year, since I'm about to leave town for a few weeks.

As per the space: I believe that some folk took a few pictures the last time we were able to get in and see the building, but I don't have any. I just sent our contact from the AAAC an email asking about a possible group viewing time around our normal weekly meetup (or if that doesn't work, if a few of us can at least go down at some point and take pics). Will post when I get a response. I also inquired about any updated information regarding move-in dates, and if / when we can begin moving things in sooner.

Avi

Steve Altemeier

Dec 19, 2015, 9:19:16 AM12/19/15
to Asheville Makers
Patrick, let me add my thanks as well.  I would be happy to share my home energy management project, but it will be after the holidays before I can write anything up.

I also have a few pictures of the new space that I took (although I'm still not clear exactly which room we'll be movining into...there are two rooms that are essentially mirror images of each other). But, these pictures will still give people a good feel for the size and appearance of the space.

I also took a few pictures at the Barnes &Noble Mini Maker Faire where we had Tom's hovercraft and air cannon (can't really see the giant smoke rings in the pictures, unfortunately) if you can use those (wish I were a better photographer...)

I put all these photos in a Googe Drive here - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxfwF0Mym67gUjhfZ3ptWGdXVjg

Thanks,

Steve