Circuit CAD / PCB Design Class & Dinner

Avi Silverman

Oct 24, 2014, 9:47:29 AM10/24/14
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Bill / Ian / Everyone else on the list,

As a reminder, the plan is to meet at my place [out in Candler, *not* my half renovated house downtown] tonight at 7pm so I can teach you / we can do some PCB design. Bring some form of portable computer type device.

This is technically part of the Segway group design process, and was inspired because we need to make some PCBs for our project (and Bill asked if I could teach how to do it), however you're welcome to come even if you're not part of the Segway project, and you can make whatever kind of circuit board you want. Just let me know that you'd like to come out and I'll toss you directions.

Come hungry. Since it's been kinda cool out, I'm making a big pot of vegetarian chili & cornbread. I don't have any beer on hand, so if you want some bring it. I recently opened some home brew pomegranate wine that I bottled on 11/11/11, and I think there's still a half a bottle left, so if folk are interested we can finish that off.

Avi

Bill Nixdorf

Oct 24, 2014, 12:48:28 PM10/24/14
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Avi! I'm looking forward to it.

Bill Nixdorf

Nov 1, 2014, 8:03:34 PM11/1/14
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
PCB design 101 was awesome. Thank you Avi for hosting, instructing and providing that superb chili.
Question: Dare we test with more breadboard circuits or shall we design and order PCB's? Keep in mind there are creative options. For example, we could stack a few logs above our breadboard circuitry in the event design failure provides us with a bonfire.

Avi Silverman

Nov 1, 2014, 8:09:27 PM11/1/14
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
I'll bring the (vegan / gluten free?) marshmellows if you provide the skewers!

I was actually thinking about this earlier tonight. To save me from typing out pages of thoughts, let's talk on Tuesday. Ian, do you think you'll be making it out this week?

Avi

Ian Baillie

Nov 1, 2014, 10:16:39 PM11/1/14
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Umm. Yes, I think I will be here this week. There, this week.