Ugrás az első olvasatlan üzenetre

Avi Silverman

olvasatlan,
2017. dec. 24. 8:08:142017. 12. 24.
– ashevil...@googlegroups.com
So, I noticed that, as per the calendar, the weekly meetup was cancelled for this coming Tuesday. I didn't see a thread about it, and since I have a feeling that most people don't look at the calendar anyway that a post might be in order.

Also, I realize that many folk are probably still out of town / with family on Tuesday, but if there is a desire, I am happy to be down at the space from 6-7:30pm just in case anyone shows up, or supporting members wanted access for a bit.

Avi

Michael A. Robinson

olvasatlan,
2018. jan. 26. 11:49:022018. 01. 26.
– Asheville Makers
Hello Avi,

It's been more than a year since I first visited Asheville Makers with my broken Roomba.  Recent events now allow me to have the time to pursue my interest in Arduino and robotics so I hope to participate more and take advantage of the pool of knowledge that gathers in the group.

I'd also like to bring a friend.  His interest is not in electronics but wood working, mechanics, and virtually all DIY home repair.  He created a beautiful liquor cabinet by re-purposing a 1930's Art Deco radio.  As I told him yesterday, he has a pair of the smartest hands that I've ever seen.  Are there others there actively engaged in projects other than electronics?

Michael

Steve Altemeier

olvasatlan,
2018. jan. 27. 20:44:012018. 01. 27.
– Asheville Makers
Michael, Steve Altemeier here - we met at the old space when you brought in the Roomba.  Yes, we do have more members doing things other than electronics these days (aw well as several still focused on electronics).  These include people making signs on the laser cutter/engraver, a few people making jewelry, someone making 3D printed models for ceramic pieces, one member who does metal work, and one member who was using the 3D printers to create replacement keys for antique accordions.

We also have much more equipment at the new space including a brand new SLA 3D printer that creates amazing prints.  Please come down to a Tuesday meeting and say hi when you get the chance - there is a lot more to see!

Hope to see you soon,

Steve
Válasz mindenkinek
Válasz a szerzőnek