Nice stepper motor driver

Zak Smolen

Oct 9, 2015, 11:10:25 AM10/9/15
to Asheville Makers
I just saw that this was on sale and thought I share since so many people here seem interested in projects using steppers: http://sfe.io/p10507.
I haven't personally used this quad-stepper board but I have used the single-stepper-driver version and I will tell you that it is so easy to use. Wide range of features supported, and some nice specs like 1-2A/phase and full to sixteenth-step modes. Not the cheapest option, but $50 to control 4 high powered steppers and offload all of the driving and sequencing logic sounds pretty reasonable to me. I would personally recommend their single-stepper drivers as well.

Nicholas Rake

Oct 13, 2015, 3:45:26 PM10/13/15
to Asheville Makers
Nice, I just grabbed a pair of cheap servos just to get my feet wet with spinning a motor. I'm still fairly naive to the difference but look forward to learning hands on.