3D print finishing

Zak Smolen

Jun 22, 2016, 10:53:38 AM6/22/16
to Asheville Makers
Hi all,

Many of us have been playing with the 3D printer recently and I'm sure its use will only grow. I was doing some research and found this great article on finishing products. Some of the techniques are really cool (like the friction welding) and very useful for getting finished looking prints. Feel free to add any other suggestions to this thread! http://makezine.com/projects/make-34/skill-builder-finishing-and-post-processing-your-3d-printed-objects/

Zak Smolen

Jun 23, 2016, 1:00:26 AM6/23/16
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
image1.JPG

Just tried my hand at the friction welding thing. Looks pretty ugly but it is actually holding pretty securely. I didn't heat up the two pieces to be attached either which should help the process.

Sent from my iPhone