my thumb drive

Sondra Dorn

Apr 18, 2017, 10:09:45 AM4/18/17
to Asheville Makers
Howdy Makers,

Many thanks so far for allowing me to come to the shop and use the laser cutter. I have not had too much luck so far, but I'm planning on bringing in more compatible materials next week.

I am posting this however because yesterday I realized that I left my thumb drive in your computer. Unfortunately it is not labeled. It is a black and red San Cruz (sp?). If it's not too much trouble, could someone just lay it aside? I can't come tonight but will come next week to the meet-up, or possibly before.

Hoe that'e OK and thanks a bunch.

Sondra

Steve Altemeier

Apr 18, 2017, 10:18:48 AM4/18/17
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
I found what I think is your drive.  Would it have files on it for wooden magnet cards?  If so, I will leave it by the Jacob's Ladder (high voltage transformer) with a note attached to it.

Will Eccleston

Sondra Dorn

Sondra Dorn

Apr 18, 2017, 7:09:58 PM4/18/17
to Asheville Makers
It would be great if anyone has thoughts to it to work. In the meantime, I am looking into wood that is a bit less dense.
Thanks Will!

Tim Swihart, Sr.

Apr 21, 2017, 11:54:25 PM4/21/17
to Asheville Makers
Will,

I asked Sondra today to send one of her pieces home with me next time we're both at the space.  I have access to a different laser and will try it there.  I've cut dense hardwoods on it easily as well as 1/4" plywood (plywood glue often gives lasers more trouble that the wood itself).  Also, there may be a problem with the lens on the group's laser.  The size of the spot it creates when you focus it then hit the Pulse button is larger than it used to be which implies poor focus (and seeing the lens itself implies there may well be a problem).

Steve Altemeier

Apr 22, 2017, 7:54:55 AM4/22/17
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Just so folks are aware, we have ordered a new lens.

Tim Swihart, Sr.

Apr 22, 2017, 1:08:16 PM4/22/17
to Asheville Makers
Yay!!!!

Sondra Dorn

Apr 22, 2017, 1:23:54 PM4/22/17
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
This is great. I plan to be there Tuesday to get my drive. Tim, I will bring one of the pieces we tried. I'll give it to you if you are there.

Thanks everyone.
:-)