School Maker Faire Needs Makers!

Julie Johnson

Jan 18, 2017, 11:19:44 AM1/18/17
to Asheville Makers
Hi everyone!

I work with a WNC Charter School called The Learning Center. You can check us out at www.naturallygrownkids.org (our Maker page specifically is www.naturallygrownkids.org/making-the-future). We're hosting our second annual School Maker Faire this March and I wanted to reach out and see if anyone wanted to be a part of this cool event. The school is located in Murphy, NC, home of the John C. Campbell Folk School. While last year's Faire drew many crafters and artisans, the high-tech and electronic side was severely lacking. We'd love to show our students some really mind-blowing tech, in addition to the craft and agricultural making they know and love, and start connecting them with the awesome technological creativity going on in our region.

If you'd like to be a part of this event, I'd be happy to share what I've learned in working with the Make organization to put it together... and by the way, shouldn't Asheville have a Maker Faire itself?! If you're interested in connecting with me, please email me here or at ju...@naturallygrownkids.org. I'd be happy to come to a meeting and share about our Faire as well.

Julie Johnson
Asheville, NC