Repair Cafe - **THIS SATURDAY**

Avi Silverman

Sep 22, 2016, 11:23:42 AM9/22/16
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

Just wanted to remind everyone that Saturday from 1-3pm is our repair cafe. It will *not* be at the space, but at the CCCD's Benchspace Gallery (67 Broadway St, Asheville, North Carolina 28801).

We are hoping for a big turnout, so if you are able to make it, we could really use the help. If you can make it, please let me know so that I know how many people we will have. If you know how to use a screwdriver you are qualified to help, so there!

Also, if you have broken things - electronics / small appliances / etc... feel free to bring them.

Avi

Avi Silverman

Sep 22, 2016, 12:17:05 PM9/22/16
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Oh, I forgot to mention, that I will be trying to arrive at the Benchspace Gallery by 12:30 to set up. I will be at the space collecting tools at noon, so feel free to meet me up at the space around then and we can all go over together, or just meet us at the gallery.

Avi

Avi Silverman

Sep 23, 2016, 9:44:38 PM9/23/16
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
So, I didn't hear back from anyone. Hoping that folk are actually planning to come and just didn't let me know (getting a bit nervous here).

John Hay

Sep 23, 2016, 9:45:53 PM9/23/16
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com

I am not going to make it.

--
John Hay

Sent from mobile device... 🚫⚓

Friday, 23 September 2016, 09:44PM -04:00 from Avi Silverman avi.si...@gmail.com:

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 11:23 AM, Avi Silverman <avi.si...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey all,

Just wanted to remind everyone that Saturday from 1-3pm is our repair cafe. It will *not* be at the space, but at the CCCD's Benchspace Gallery (67 Broadway St, Asheville, North Carolina 28801).

We are hoping for a big turnout, so if you are able to make it, we could really use the help. If you can make it, please let me know so that I know how many people we will have. If you know how to use a screwdriver you are qualified to help, so there!

Also, if you have broken things - electronics / small appliances / etc... feel free to bring them.

Avi

Zak Smolen

Sep 23, 2016, 11:23:46 PM9/23/16
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I am volunteering at something in Brevard so I'll be gone all day.

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 9:45 PM, John Hay <johnn...@gmail.com> wrote:

I am not going to make it.

[...]

Nicholas Amrich

Sep 24, 2016, 12:25:06 AM9/24/16
to Asheville Makers
I wasn't sure if I'd be able to make it but it looks like I will.  I'll probably be at the space a little before noon to get some other stuff done first.
Since 3/4 of the time it seems like the power supply is what breaks first in consumer electronics, I'll be bringing the usual spare parts for those.  Just in case we need to deal with something more advanced, I'll bring a small variable PSU + my digital scope.

Steve Altemeier

Sep 24, 2016, 6:52:35 AM9/24/16
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
I will meet you at the makerspace around noon - thanks!

On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 12:25 AM, Nicholas Amrich <n.am...@gmail.com> wrote:
I wasn't sure if I'd be able to make it but it looks like I will.  I'll probably be at the space a little before noon to get some other stuff done first.
Since 3/4 of the time it seems like the power supply is what breaks first in consumer electronics, I'll be bringing the usual spare parts for those.  Just in case we need to deal with something more advanced, I'll bring a small variable PSU + my digital scope.

Stephen Carter

Sep 24, 2016, 11:09:09 AM9/24/16
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Looks like I won't be able to make it. I'm running the audio and video for a memorial service at the UU church nearby at 3:00, so I thought I'd get an hour or so in at the repair cafe, but they are going to rehearse again earlier, and I have to go in at noon to set up. Perhaps I'll be able to get away for a while, but it's doubtful.

Steve

Stephen N. Carter KJ6PZB
Asheville, NC 28803

Patrick Davis