New Makerspace Camera

Robert Schultz

Apr 22, 2017, 9:50:19 AM4/22/17
to Asheville Makers
Greetings

I've hooked up a new makerspace camera to replace the old one that was glitching out.

You can see it the same place you saw the previous image:

In addition, you can watch a live video stream here: https://video.nest.com/embedded/live/MpcORnSAUc?autoplay=1

If we wanted to, this stream can embedded on the web page. The HTML code for that (change width and height to whatever is appropriate for the site layout):
<iframe type="text/html" frameborder="0" width="1280" height="720" src="//video.nest.com/embedded/live/MpcORnSAUc?autoplay=1" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lastly, as for the old webcam, we could re-attach it and have it just keep recording movies to the internal SD card for security purposes. Or if folks don't feel that's important, we can just not use it at all. It's currently home at my house as I was updating it to work with the new wifi which requires a direct ethernet connection to a router so it was easier to do that at home. I'll be bringing it back into the makerspace on Tuesday.

Avi Silverman

Apr 22, 2017, 10:49:03 AM4/22/17
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Wide angle... fancy! Thanks Rob! Maybe we place the other one to view the fabrication area?

Zak Smolen

Apr 22, 2017, 12:37:47 PM4/22/17
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
It would be cool to have two angles on the 3D printer... Top angle is nice but often can't see the print until later stages as the print head blocks the view. Side angle is useful but not sure where we could put a camera and not have it in the way.

Steve Altemeier

Apr 22, 2017, 1:12:36 PM4/22/17
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Robert!

Robert Schultz

May 2, 2017, 9:11:35 PM5/2/17
to Asheville Makers
The live stream URL has changed: https://video.nest.com/live/HjIHrYWBYX

Paul B. Hartzog

May 3, 2017, 11:23:02 AM5/3/17
to Asheville Makers
don't forget to update the Slack channel printerbot ;-)