Laser Cut Your Own Holiday Ornament at the Makerspace!

Steve Altemeier

Nov 30, 2016, 8:03:42 PM11/30/16
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
December 10th ( 1pm to 3pm ) - Laser Cut Your Own Holiday Ornament.

Where: The Refinery, 207 Coxe Avenue, Studio 14

Come down to the makerspace, bring your kids, and use our laser cutter and engraver to make your own holiday ornament. Why? Because it's a laser and it cuts things! We'll have several designs available from which to choose; or, if you're so inclined, you or your child can draw your own simple design, and we'll use the laser cutter to etch it onto an ornament. The event is free, although we will be accepting donations (suggested donation $3 per ornament) to help cover our costs.

We'll have plexiglass and thin plywood available for ornaments as well as a scanner to digitize your drawings for the laser cutter.

In addition to our makerspace, The Refinery is home to a number of artist studios and workshops. There will be a Holiday Open House and Handmade Market at the Refinery the same day from noon to 6:00 PM, so this is a great opportunity to come use a laser cutter, see what's happening at The Refinery, and get a little holiday shopping done!

Questions?  Feel free to e-mail us at theashevi...@gmail.comand we’ll try to answer any questions you have.  Hope we see you there!