Anyone know where to get some heat shrink tubing?

Zak Smolen

Dec 11, 2015, 1:08:24 AM12/11/15
to Asheville Makers
I am in need of some clear heat shrink tubing (3-4mm diameter, 2:1 shrink ratio such as this http://amzn.com/B009IIM2V0). I ordered some but my "one day shipping" is looking more like 5+ days. I really needed them today but since that didn't happen I was going to try and find a place around here that carries that sort of thing. Most craft stores and hardware stores seem to carry the sort of heat shrink used for electrical stuff, but that's thinner walled, wider diameter, and colored... none of which really help my situation.

Anyone have any ideas? This is being used for a craft, not an electrical project, and I really need both small diameter (we have some already but it turned out to be too large) and clear. Thanks!

Todd Britton

Dec 11, 2015, 10:56:14 AM12/11/15
to Asheville Makers
I've got some clear, but I don't think anything that small. Let me check...

Zak Smolen

Dec 11, 2015, 11:01:56 AM12/11/15
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Good news actually, I'm in the clear! They delivered the package that said it was coming tomorrow at 6:30 today. One package got sent to the wrong place and is in Texas somewhere and not slotted to get here until Tuesday but this package had the smaller size I ordered (3mm) which seems to be perfect for my needs. Thanks for checking.

Todd Britton

Dec 11, 2015, 1:23:38 PM12/11/15
to Asheville Makers
good deal