The laser has arrived

Avi Silverman

Sep 28, 2016, 12:34:17 PM9/28/16
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com

Took us about an hour to physically get it in the space, but here it is!

IMG_20160928_123154.jpg

Ian Baillie

Sep 28, 2016, 12:42:09 PM9/28/16
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Yay! Looks good. I can't wait to burn out my retinas with it!

Took us about an hour to physically get it in the space, but here it is!

Zak Smolen

Sep 28, 2016, 1:23:09 PM9/28/16
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Avi, you should try etching your PBC on there! I have seen many things about laser etching PCBs and most of them basically just involve spray painting it black first and then etching.

Yay! Looks good. I can't wait to burn out my retinas with it!

Sep 28, 2016, 5:46:18 PM9/28/16
to Asheville Makers
Avi and I are planning to work on setup Friday morning, if anyone wants to join us.  We might even get started at the Grand Opening tomorrow night if it isn't too crowded.  Reminder: Refinery grand opening is tomorrow from 5 to 8!

Yay! Looks good. I can't wait to burn out my retinas with it!

Took us about an hour to physically get it in the space, but here it is!

Ian Baillie

Sep 28, 2016, 5:54:41 PM9/28/16
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
I have dropped by to put my fingerprints all over it. Its huge!

Oct 1, 2016, 8:06:34 AM10/1/16
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
I lost the other thread, so I'm posting here, that I am busy most of the day today, but I have a mess of scrap lumber. If you need  something for the install, let me know, and I can drop it by later. I'm off to build a bigger chicken coop. Good luck with the install. I am very excited to get to use the laser cutter. Thank you to all of you that have been working diligently on getting it set up. I have a bunch of projects pending for it and the cnc router.

        Ian