Vance Elem science week - help?

Kari Richmond

Dec 8, 2014, 10:20:28 AM12/8/14
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I'm excited to be a new member of this group!  I'm a mom of a making-things-obsessed 4th grade boy, so I'm looking forward to finding opportunities for him to meet other makers and get inspiration and info about how to make things work.

Also, I'm working with some other parents to increase experiential science opportunities at Vance Elementary.  We are looking for grade specific STEAM programs that can come to school the week of April 13, 2015.  Would any of you be interested in making a presentation about your projects?  Something along the lines of bringing in that budget Segway thing and showing the kids how it's put together... or building those paper rockets... or anything else!  If anyone is interested (individually or as group), I'd like to add you to the list of STEAM presentation options that we're going to give to teachers at Vance. The teachers will then identify their wishes for programming for their grade.  We are open to all kinds of partnerships-formal presentations, classroom workshops, help with STEAM presentations, etc.  The teachers can determine what will work for their groups, but the idea is to get the conversations started.

If you're interested, please send me the following information:
Contact person
phone
email
program name
grade level(s)
cost (or if you'd considering doing a presentation as a donation to the school)
availability (the week of April 13? other times? general time of day?)

You can e-mail me offlist at karirichmond at charter dot net.
We'll be presenting the list to Vance teachers in about a week, so please let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks so much for considering this!
Kari Richmond
828-545-0990