Re: {Asheville Makers} Re: Guaging interest in Ham Radio.

mountainman28753

Nov 29, 2017, 6:12:50 AM11/29/17
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
I also do a bit of Amateur radio, though obvviously, I am not around the space much currently. I would be glad to help in any way, and think that encouraging others to pursue getting licensed is a great idea. HAM has long been a makers hobby.

                      Ian Baillie
                      KK4ZRB

Nov 29, 2017, 7:02:15 AM11/29/17
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
I'm definitely interested. I did a good chunk of studying for the licensing exam several months ago, but with two small kids never got around to actually managing to take it.

I have one of those cheapy $20 rtl-sdr receivers (~22Mhz - 1.1GHz), which I've played around with a bit.

Avi