Power wheelchairs

Avi Silverman

Mar 27, 2015, 10:26:52 AM3/27/15
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com

Hey folks,

So, there's a person who wants to donate a couple of power wheelchairs to the group, and I thought they might be useful for parts. (Motors, motor controllers, chargers, etc.) They are leftovers from his mechatronic triceratops (see attached photo).

He said he could drop them off this weekend, but I want sure what the status of the work party was / what times people were going to be there / if we actually wanted them (storage issues?).

Alternately, we could pick them up (they're about 2 miles north off of Patton in west Asheville).

Thoughts?

Steve Altemeier

Mar 27, 2015, 7:20:12 PM3/27/15
to ashevil...@googlegroups.com
I think we should be able to use them if they're functional - I could try to meet him at the maker space on Sunday some time if need be (hoping to help with the workbenches) although I don't have a key to the place.