FW: Looking for Python programmer(s) to contribute to AutoKey

Jay Hill

Jul 26, 2015, 1:46:29 AM7/26/15
to ashevill...@googlegroups.com
Forwarding this message from Joe <jos...@main.nc.us> in the WNC LINUX
group.

-----Original Message-----
From: wnclug-...@main.nc.us [mailto:wnclug-...@main.nc.us] On Behalf
Of Joe
Sent: Sunday, July 26, 2015 1:10 AM
To: WNC Linux User's Group
Subject: [AVLTECH] [WNCLUG] Looking for Python programmer(s) to contribute
to AutoKey

One of my favorite Linux programs is AutoKey. It's a keyboard macro
processor which allows you to automate many tasks in a gui desktop
environment. It's a great productivity aid.

I do most of the support on the mailing list.
https://github.com/Autokey/Autokey
https://code.google.com/p/autokey/

AFAIK, AutoKey is the only fully functional keyboard macro processor for
Linux (with the possible exception of sikuli which I haven't used yet).
There are some other projects that provide some very nice pieces of the
puzzle (xdotool, xautomation, sikuli), but not a full solution.

AutoKey is currently without active developers. If anyone who knows Python
is looking for a worthy project to contribute to, we'd sure appreciate any
help you could offer. (A couple of previous developers may still be
available to answer questions, so, hopefully, you wouldn't be starting from
scratch.)

I have used AutoKey for years and find it indispensable. I had it working on
Ubuntu 14.04 (and am using it now on 12.04), but, so far, I am not having
much luck installing it on 15.04.

Joe