Advanced Compression and JPEG presentation in Greenville, SC next week

Glen Peterson

Nov 2, 2016, 1:26:55 PM11/2/16
to Asheville Coders League
The (my?) new ACM Greenville group is co-hosting an Advanced-level programming presentation on compression and JPEG by a retired member of Xeroc PARC (the New York branch).  If you're the type who likes to expose yourself to massive amounts of new information, or you have ever implemented/studied compression/decompression algorithms or image processing, we're very lucky to have Norm speaking to us.  It would really help to know something about compression and Math and maybe even look up Discrete Cosine Transform on Wikipedia and get a good night's sleep before attending:
https://www.meetup.com/ACM-Greenville/events/235176004/

If there's high interest in the presentation, but low interest in driving, I would bet Norm would present to Asheville Coders separately.  If so, let me know who to put Norm in touch with.  If not, I hope some of you can make it!