Javascript Rich Text Editor

Glen Peterson

Jun 2, 2016, 11:49:31 AM6/2/16
to Asheville Coders League
I need to put a very simple WYSIWYG editor within a web page.  Clients will use it, so it should not allow them to insert JavaScript or anything potentially more malicious than a link.  It can be pretty basic, like a few levels of headings, paragraphs, bold, italic, bullets.  Images and links are not strictly required, but would be nice extras.  I will likely have jQuery and Bootstrap in the page already.

Can anyone suggest an existing JavaScript solution for this that works on ever browser and phone common in businesses today?  My preference would be Apache, MIT, Eclipse, or similar license, but if a GNU licensed solution that I don't have to modify or otherwise mix with the proprietary code on the back end is better, or if you want me to pay for something, I'm open to that too.

Some things that looked good to me:

I also found these two handy comparison sites:

Anyway, you you have experience with one of these, or another, I'd be interested in hearing about it.