Drupal Developer/Designer Needed

Kyle Levitan

Apr 27, 2015, 9:56:18 AM4/27/15
to ashevill...@googlegroups.com
A-B Tech is looking for a full-time Webmaster to mostly maintain abtech.edu. Drupal experience is required. A strong sense of design, in regard to UI/UX, is highly desired for this position. Candidate should be comfortable working in a Linux/Ubuntu environment using, but are not limited to, CLI tools such as Drush, Git and Grunt. Sys Admin experience is not required, as IT can and will handle that if needed.

It's a great, positive place to work. State benefits are some of the best you can find in the area and the amount of paid time off is appreciable, not to mention the flexibility during the summer months. This position is great for the solo "expert", as you are the sole maintainer.

for more info: https://abtcc.peopleadmin.com/postings/3143

Mark Locklear

Apr 28, 2015, 12:52:09 PM4/28/15
to ashevill...@googlegroups.com
Just wanted to +1 this job.

This great position for the right person. You can wear a lot of hats (if you like). Kyle did website work (core drupal) in addition to graphics/image work, video, you name it. You have a lot of autonomy, and have access to pretty decent photo and video equipment (Kyle could speak more to that). The downsides are 1) Its a state job, so the salary does not reflect the breathe of work...but what else is new, and 2) The position works in Community Relations and Marketing, so it can be somewhat high pressure; ie, the President wants X, Y and Z on the website pronto. However, with the right disposition, #2 is manageable, and #1 'is what it is' as they say. :)

J. Mark Locklear
locklear.me
-Philippians 4:13

When I am working on a problem, I never think about beauty, but when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong. -Buckminster Fuller