Ansible/Docker Presentation

lanc...@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2015, 6:08:30 PM2/17/15
to ashevill...@googlegroups.com
Heya all

The Ansible/Docker presentation scheduled for tomorrow is a go unless the weather turns all to hell. We’ll keep an eye on the forecast and have a definitive word by tomorrow around 1pm. When I hear back from Susan about a room number I’ll let you all know.

Cheers
Lance

Lance Ball

Lance Ball

Feb 18, 2015, 12:10:00 PM2/18/15
to ashevill...@googlegroups.com
It's not quite 1PM yet, but I am definitely leaning towards postponing this for one week. Andrew, are you good to present next Wednesday instead? I am in the UNCA neighborhood right now and the snow is coming down pretty steadily. Here is the latest from the National Weather Service.

"very cold
  temperatures tonight combined with very strong winds will be
life threatening if you are not wearing multiple layers of
protective clothing... and can cause frost bite in a matter of
minutes on exposed skin.

* Winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.

* Wind chill values... as low as 24 below due to temperatures 3
below to 17 above zero... and winds northwest 15 to 25 mph with
gusts up to 50 mph.

Mark Locklear

Feb 18, 2015, 12:14:21 PM2/18/15
to ashevill...@googlegroups.com
My vote would be to postpone.

J. Mark Locklear
locklear.me
-Philippians 4:13

When I am working on a problem, I never think about beauty, but when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong. -Buckminster Fuller

Lance Ball

Feb 24, 2015, 1:44:25 PM2/24/15
to ashevill...@googlegroups.com
So... we have waited a week. And now another CWW (Crappy Weather Wednesday) is upon us. Everyone still up for this?

Lance

Toby Crawley

Feb 24, 2015, 4:36:58 PM2/24/15
to ashevill...@googlegroups.com
I recommend we postpone again, since they are currently calling for
snow to possibly start falling around the time we are to meet.

-T

Rick Smith

Feb 24, 2015, 8:56:25 PM2/24/15
to ashevill...@googlegroups.com

Weather in sc says 90% chance of snow tomorrow night so would like to postpone too.
Rick

Andrew Swerlick

Feb 24, 2015, 9:07:24 PM2/24/15
to ashevill...@googlegroups.com
I can work either way. Next week would be easier for me anyways.

lanc...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2015, 10:41:15 AM2/25/15
to ashevill...@googlegroups.com, ashevill...@googlegroups.com
So the weather forecast is calling for up to about 6” of snow tonight, starting around 6pm. I am in agreement. We will postpone for one more week. Be safe all!

Lance

Lance Ball

Bruce Hauman

Feb 25, 2015, 12:00:06 PM2/25/15
to ashevill...@googlegroups.com
Very very wise ...

Bruce Hauman

Feb 25, 2015, 3:50:58 PM2/25/15
to ashevill...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to throw my hat in the ring, and talk about ClojureScript and Figwheel the hot loading software I wrote. This is going to be the some talk that I'm going to be giving at the ClojureWest conference in April.

How does that sound?

Toby Crawley

Feb 25, 2015, 4:09:33 PM2/25/15
to ashevill...@googlegroups.com
Bruce:

That sounds great! Would you be interested in speaking at the
following (currently unscheduled) meeting? We could do it in late
March or early April.

- Toby

Bruce Hauman

Feb 25, 2015, 4:17:54 PM2/25/15
to ashevill...@googlegroups.com
Late March would be great. I'll be back in town after the 11th of March.

Hopefully the snow maddness will done by then.