Daily Fantasy Sports presentation

John Tollison

Mar 28, 2015, 6:08:42 PM3/28/15
to ashevill...@googlegroups.com
I'm giving a presentation to the Greenville(sc) Java Users Groups on april 9th, http://www.eventbrite.com/o/greenjug-6998765805

 I mentioned this the other night and a few people seemed interested. If enough people would like to see it, I can give the presentation in Asheville.

Jay Hill

Mar 30, 2015, 2:23:33 PM3/30/15
to ashevill...@googlegroups.com

I can’t make it to the UG on the 9th, but I’m interested. I work on the NLP layer for statmuse.com and I know that daily fantasy is a big market for the product but I don’t really know much about daily fantasy sports myself so I think it would be enlightening.

Jay

Sylvan Kavanaugh

Mar 30, 2015, 10:11:24 PM3/30/15
to ashevill...@googlegroups.com
I would also be very interested in seeing your presentation on daily fantasy sports, John. That statmuse video also piqued my interest, Jay.

Best,
Sylvan

On Mar 30, 2015, at 2:23 PM, "Jay Hill" <jay...@jayhill.net> wrote:

I can’t make it to the UG on the 9th, but I’m interested. I work on the NLP layer for statmuse.com and I know that daily fantasy is a big market for the product but I don’t really know much about daily fantasy sports myself so I think it would be enlightening.

Jay

Apr 1, 2015, 12:49:19 AM4/1/15
to ashevill...@googlegroups.com
Oh, nice, Statmuse looks very interesting.

Other than that, I guess I'll just leave it at "I'm available", and if/when you feel like there's enough interest on your side, someone can suggest a date.

Sven Pedersen

Apr 16, 2015, 11:44:37 AM4/16/15
to ashevill...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the presentation, John. I'm glad I made it, although sorry all the technical difficulties ate up some presentation time. I think AVL coders would find it quite interesting.

Also, Jay, the statmuse app looks very cool!
--Sven

lanc...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2015, 1:42:17 PM4/17/15
to ashevill...@googlegroups.com, ashevill...@googlegroups.com
John

Would you like to give this presentation for the ACL May tech meetup?

Lance

Lance Ball

John Tollison

Apr 17, 2015, 9:55:31 PM4/17/15
to ashevill...@googlegroups.com
Sure. Maybe shoot for a Tuesday? I have a couple of other meetups on Thursdays.

lanc...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2015, 10:41:39 AM4/18/15
to ashevill...@googlegroups.com, ashevill...@googlegroups.com
We typically have our meetups on Wednesday. How does that work for you?

Lance Ball

John Tollison

Apr 18, 2015, 5:32:06 PM4/18/15
to ashevill...@googlegroups.com