ADVERTISEMENT: Welcome to 'DANCING UNDER THE STARS 2017' - an Asante Africa Foundation Fundraising Event

Donna - Maasai Wanderings

Sep 21, 2017, 9:09:11 AM9/21/17
to arusha...@googlegroups.com

COME ONE | COME ALL - It's time to play in the snow!

Dancing Under the Stars 2017 - an Asante Africa Foundation Fundraising Event

We are very proud to invite you to purchase tickets for the Asante Africa Foundation's Dancing Under the Stars Event - 11th November 2017.

We are kindly asking for your support. It doesn't have to be a monetary donation if you are unable; please purchase ticket/ or full table for our event OR just even sharing the news of our event on social media would be amazing!

WHY?

Dust off your dancing shoes again, it is time for the annual 'Dancing Under the Stars' event. This year's theme is 'Winter Wonderland' and something that is never seen in Arusha, so it's time to have fun for the night.  Lots of entertainment, acrobatics, drumming, prizes and don't forget DJ and dancing! Maybe you can purchase a table of tickets as a gift for your staff for a year of good, hard work.

All this fun is in aid of Asante Africa Foundation's Leadership and Entrepreneur Incubator (LEI) Summit - an annual week-long workshop for East African youth.

WHEN?

6pm, 11th November 2017

WHERE?

Frangipani Gardens, Njiro, Arusha

HOW MUCH?

100,000/- per ticket

This includes welcome drink, full dinner, dancing, entertainment and the chance to win some incredible prizes: an escape to Zanzibar, the magic of Ngorongoro and the wildlife of the Serengeti with flight/accommodation packages are only some items up for grabs.

WHO ARE WE?

Asante Africa Foundation – Tanzania is a locally led registered NGO with operations in 11 regions across the country and based in Arusha Region. Our mission is to educate and empower the next generation of change agents, whose dreams and actions transform the future for Africa and the world. Over the last 7 years, we have changed the lives directly for over 6,000 young people who in turn impacted an additional 183,000 lives in Kenya and Tanzania. Through increased knowledge, skills development, and application of those skills the data shows that these youth are capable and eager to pursue their dreams and realize their potential.

YOU ARE INVITED TO BE A PART OF THE CHANGE:

  • We are requesting for the fun people of Arusha to buy tickets to our event
  • We are asking for corporate endorsement for training segments and the awards ceremony for the actual LEI program.
  • We are in need of prizes, donations & services for our Dancing Under the Stars night

DEADLINE: We are now working on the fundraising event for 11th November 2017 and also the LEI Summit among other logistics. We will be glad to have your confirmation of partnership, donation or sponsorship by the 15 OCTOBER, 2017.

READ MORE ABOUT OUR MISSION:

WHY NOW:

Our youth are the next generation of consumers, workers, and community citizens and they need to be prepared to thrive in the East African economy and seize opportunities. As we all know this goes well beyond academics and we cannot have youth who wait for jobs to be given but develop youth to go out and create opportunities.  We must prepare them today.

HOW WE DO IT: We hold an annual East African summit followed by closely managed local and regional programs and clubs back at school and  home. All aspects equip young people with vital skills necessary for success in class as well as in life beyond the classroom. We work closely with our partners’ schools and community leaders to deliver 21st century skills to youth whom, without this program would have little opportunity to overcome endemic barriers. Using our three pronged approach- Job readiness, entrepreneurship skills and Personal development- equips our young people with tools they need to plan and achieve a successful future.

  • Build cognitive skills such as reasoning, critical thinking, communication, and team building.
  • Build leadership, entrepreneurship and employment readiness skills.
  • Develop awareness of personal challenges that could “derail” plans such as health, personal safety, civic right, and peaceful resolutions while developing methods and strategies to “stay on track” and handle adversities.
  • Embody income generation, project planning and financial skills while developing entrepreneurial plans for prospective funders.
  • Complete a personal strategy for applying new knowledge and for “paying-it-forward” within school and community, helping generations who will come after them.
  • Exit with a personal tailored action plans and career goals.

WE KNOW IT WORKS! – RESULTS SINCE 2015

Our LEI Program is tightly aligned with United Nations sustainable development Goal 8 “to promote inclusive and sustainable Economic growth, employment and decent work for all” Upon completing the secondary school education and our LEI program, participants have the necessary skills to inter the job market, start their own business and or pursue higher education.

2016 Program Impact:

25 % increased skills to take action in their community.

35 % increased confidence expressing opinions to elders.

41% increased skills to save, budget and earn money.

67% now understand how entrepreneurship could be a viable career path.

88 % have the personalized action plan for achieving goals.

We have also attached with this letter the Leadership &Entrepreneurship Incubator Program Overview.

In case of any additional clarification or questions, please let us know. I am truly hoping that you are able to participate in some way.

Sincerely,

Donna Duggan,

Chairperson of Board of Trustees - 0755 984925

Ewald Tesha,

Tanzania Program Manager - 0754 340188

ete...@asanteafrica.org

--
DONNA DUGGAN
Director

P.O. Box 14035
Arusha
TANZANIA

+255 755 984925

www.maasaiwanderings.com
www.nasikiacamps.com

Donna - Maasai Wanderings

Donna - Maasai Wanderings

Oct 7, 2017, 1:21:50 AM10/7/17
to arusha...@googlegroups.com

of Tarangire and the wildlife of the Serengeti with
flight/accommodation packages are only some items up for Lucky Door Prizes.

YOU ARE INVITED TO BE A PART OF THE CHANGE:

Our LEI Program is tightly aligned with United Nations sustainable
development Goal 8 "TO PROMOTE INCLUSIVE AND SUSTAINABLE ECONOMIC
GROWTH, EMPLOYMENT AND DECENT WORK FOR ALL" Upon completing the
secondary school education and our LEI program, participants have the
necessary skills to inter the job market, start their own business and
or pursue higher education.

OUR 2016 PROGRAM IMPACT:

25 % increased skills to take action in their community.

35 % increased confidence expressing opinions to elders.

41% increased skills to save, budget and earn money.

67% now understand how entrepreneurship could be a viable career path.

88 % have the personalized action plan for achieving goals.

Sincerely,

DONNA DUGGAN,

Chairperson of Board of Trustees - 0755 984925

EWALD TESHA,

Tanzania Program Manager - 0754 340188

ete...@asanteafrica.org

Donna - Maasai Wanderings

Oct 20, 2017, 1:47:22 AM10/20/17
to Arushamailing

LAST CHANCE TO BUY TICKETS!

Donna - Maasai Wanderings

Oct 26, 2017, 1:38:29 AM10/26/17
to Arushamailing

LAST CHANCE TO BUY TICKETS! ALMOST SOLD OUT!!