Arusha day for the animals 2016!

Meru Animal Welfare Organization

Aug 29, 2016, 4:13:57 AM8/29/16
to arusha...@googlegroups.com

Dear Arusha Friends

MAWO (Meru Animal Welfare Organization) is organizing the event ‘Arusha Day for the Animals’ in the month of November and we are in much need of volunteers to help out making this important event happen. It will be a whole day of animal welfare related activities; live band performances, games and crafts for kids, shaggy dog show, petting zoo, silent auction, dog groomer and free MAWO veterinary consultation to mention a few!

MAWO is a non-government and non-profit organization which was founded in 2010. We’re operating in northern part of Tanzania with our aim being to increase the welfare of animals in the region. The main focus however is on dogs and donkeys since these animals are often forgotten and in most need of aid. We also strongly believe in the importance of working with the local community in order to help the animals. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ16lyOjRtk

As part of the Community Social Responsibility, MAWO aims to help every Tanzanian Child access at least one book and stationary. This is with the vision of achieving the SDGs and providing quality education to our children. On this day, we will have a donation box where persons of good will, groups or institutions are free to donate books and other stationary. It doesn’t matter whether the book has been used before or new, it will make a difference to the Tanzanian Child. We welcome storybooks, drawing books, coloring books, atlas and formal books (mathematics, English, Swahili, history, sciences) for all levels.

Do you want to help out organizing ‘Arusha Day for the Animals’, or do you feel like charging any idea of how we can make this event even better?

Contact           Ms. Irene Anthony

irenem...@gmail.com

+255 769 259 869

www.meruanimalwelfare.org

Volunteers and donations are both very much appreciated!

Thank you

Johnson Lyimo

P.O.Box 12677, Arusha, Tanzania

Alliance Building, Usa River

Office Tel:+255754-039854

www.meruanimalwelfare.org

 Facebook

“Animals eyes have the power to speak a great language”