Tab Issue to watch out for

Charles Leffingwell

Nov 17, 2015, 11:49:50 AM11/17/15
to arisgames
After much testing, I think I have found a Tab behavior in the beta editor that a developer may experience while building a game.

When I am building a game, I like to utilize the tabs to give the player a place to go to check on things.  I also like to rearrange the order of them.  At the beginning of creating a game I will block out things that I want to do with placeholders that I fill in later.  I began to do this with the tabs as well.

Well After much troubleshooting and going down a few rabbit holes, I discovered that if all the tabs I have created do not have a specific destination, strange things happen.  If I were to put a working tab next to a tab that has no destination, then the working tab would stop working.   Then gist of what I found is to always have something for a tab to point to if you want to avoid a lot of problems.  I recommend making a dummy plaque for tabs that are 'under construction'.

Christopher Holden

Nov 17, 2015, 2:28:19 PM11/17/15
to aris...@googlegroups.com
Nice find. To be sure, a tab's "destination" means the plaque or other object or tab that the custom tab points to?

You are part of the ARIS authoring discussion group.
To post: email aris...@googlegroups.com

Charles Leffingwell

Nov 17, 2015, 3:01:27 PM11/17/15
to arisgames