stray boots - tour creator

Denise Bressler

Apr 9, 2014, 1:44:06 PM4/9/14
to aris...@googlegroups.com

Hi all: I just got this message and thought I would share it with the group. Looks like there's another platform on the market... And in other news, everyone knows that FreshAiR rose from the dead, right? See you all in June, Denise

-------

Hi!

The anticipation nearly killed us, but we can finally make it official! As of today, the Stray Boots team is excited to announce the public release of our brand new Stray Boots Tour Creator!

The Tour Creator is a brand new tool that allows anyone, anywhere to create their own Stray Boots hunt, because who knows what makes your city or town special better than you? You'll be able to create tours, publish them to the Stray Boots app, and share with friends and family, giving you a platform to show off your secret spots and impressive knowledge about the places you love most.

And, just like a kid on the first day of Middle School, Stray Boots has a new look that we're just dying to show off! Check out our hip new makeover on our website and let us know what you think!

There's lots of cool new stuff in store, so check out our site, start planning your tour, and get ready to share your city's secrets.

Of course, we love hearing from you so please send us any feedback or questions at feed...@strayboots.com.

Happy tour creating!

Maggie

Stray Boots Community Manager

Chris Holden

Apr 10, 2014, 10:11:38 AM4/10/14
to aris...@googlegroups.com
This looks cool. Did you check out the "submit" and "promote" descriptions? The idea I guess is that it works a bit like the App Store. Maybe not everything gets approved but maybe this could be an interesting high bar for students to aim for, or a way for small groups to try to make a little cash from their work.

I hope to hide it a go soon myself, but if anyone else tries it out is like to hear about it. At the least there might be some comparative design lessons.

And yes, we did hear that FreshAir is back. Hooray! As an educator, I wish what you could get for free was a bit more - maybe that 20 people could play your game. I'd still recommend anyone to try out their editor. It's pretty fun.

You are part of the ARIS authoring discussion group.
To post: email aris...@googlegroups.com