Mapping HRU

Joe

Aug 26, 2013, 6:34:03 PM8/26/13
to arc...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to spatially show where the HRU are?

In the HRU definition we introduced a percent threshold to Land use, Soil and Slope. Because of this, I thought it might be difficult to spatially show the HRU. But I saw few papers who showed maps of maximum crop yield, NO3-NO load etc. Does anybody know how to spatially identify the HRU?

Thanks

Joe

James Dennedy-Frank

Aug 27, 2013, 12:09:09 PM8/27/13
to arc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joe,

When you create the HRUs in ArcSWAT, there is a checkbox at the bottom that lets you create an HRU layer. If you do create the layer, then there is a shapefile with the locations of the HRUs, although you need to be a bit careful about how you display them to make them obvious. Hope this helps.

Best,
James

Joe

Aug 27, 2013, 12:27:24 PM8/27/13
to arc...@googlegroups.com
Hello James, Thank you for the replay. I have tried it by checking the box to create a feature class. The model created a feature class for EVERY combinations of land use/ soil type/ and slope. It doesn't consider the threshold values (I think it assumes a zero threshold value). This means I have a map which has very large number of classes than my HRU. I don't know if you understand me .... for example for my watershed I have a HRU of 1004 but the map from the FullHRU has a total number of 8798 classes!! Do you have any other idea on how to combine those classes to get my 1004 HRU?

R Srinivasan

Aug 27, 2013, 12:31:07 PM8/27/13
to Joe, arc...@googlegroups.com
look under watershed\shapes folder for hru1.shp
this has the hrugis id field with only selected hrus after applying thresholds...

Partha Pratim Saha

Jul 23, 2014, 8:53:06 AM7/23/14
to arc...@googlegroups.com
It is possible to get a shapefile of HRU from hru1.shp file but that only consists of the HRUs that pass the thresholds. The HRUs that are eliminated due to user defined threshold those HRU area remain blank in that shapefile. So, if I want to show a result in HRU level in a map, eliminated HRU area remain blank. Is it possible to get a HRU shapefile that merges the eliminated HRUs with remaining HRUs as per user defined threshold? .

Thanks
Partha

kbab...@gmail.com

Dec 15, 2022, 7:15:18 AM12/15/22
to ArcSWAT
I still have the same problem. Did anyone find a solution?

Thanks a lot!

Konstantinos