Rare glass negatives found in condemned Peoria home

PeterK

Oct 18, 2016, 10:02:00 PM10/18/16
to RAINbyte, AIN, peter.kurilecz

Often when a house is that bad there’s not much left to salvage. Sullivan didn’t expect to find anything worth saving in the attic, but when he topped the stairs he saw a neat old bike. It piqued his interest so he took another look. There was a nice door with ornate hardware, some old windows, and what was that in the corner?

“Sitting on a shelf built into the attic was what looked like a box holding something,” said Sullivan. He reached inside and pulled out a sheet of glass. “I held it up to a hole in the roof and saw it was a negative.”

Nearly 200 glass negatives were tucked into a miraculously dry corner of the attic.

http://bit.ly/2efEy9A
http://bit.ly/2efEy9A+

--
Peterk