Activists want in on Obama library plans

PeterK

Apr 23, 2017, 12:56:37 PM4/23/17
to RAINbyte, AIN, peter.kurilecz

Are South Siders really willing to stand up to former President Barack Obama and insist that his pending presidential library in Jackson Park include some specific, guaranteed things for them?

An indication may come tonight when a coalition of activist groups holds a town-hall meeting at Hyde Park Academy High School.

Organizations including Southside Together Organizing for Power, the Kenwood Oakland Community Organization, Bronzeville Regional Collective and the Chicago Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights say they want a detailed community-benefits pact with the Obama Foundation, the group planning the library center.

http://bit.ly/2oVXMW4
http://bit.ly/2oVXMW4+

--
Peterk