Whoever Wins the White House, This Year’s Big Loser Is Email

PeterK

Oct 19, 2016, 10:12:49 PM10/19/16
to RAINbyte, RECMGMT-L, AIN, RECMGMT-UK, ARCHIVES-UK
let’s examine a more basic mystery buried in the emails: Why were all these people discussing so much over email in the first place? Haven’t they heard of phone calls? Face-to-face meetings in dimly lit Washington parking garage? Anyplace else where their conversations weren’t constantly being recorded, archived and rendered searchable for decades to come?

The answer, of course, is that email is as tempting as it is inescapable, for Mrs. Clinton as well as for the rest of us. More than 50 years after its birth, email exerts an uncanny hold on all of our internal affairs.

http://nyti.ms/2emfxql
http://nyti.ms/2emfxql+

--
Peterk