Email turns 45 years old this year and still bedevils politicians

PeterK

Sep 18, 2016, 1:04:13 PM9/18/16
to RAINbyte, RECMGMT-L, AIN, RECMGMT-UK, ARCHIVES-UK

According to computer science lore, a computer engineer named Ray Tomlinson sent the first email message "sometime in late 1971," meaning the now ubiquitous communication system is celebrating its 45th birthday around now.

What better time to recount some of the political nightmares that email has created for politicians of both parties. Here are some of the email-related political scandals that you may have forgotten under the storm of controversy over Hillary Clinton's exclusive use of a private email system while she was secretary of State.

http://usat.ly/2czW0qe
http://usat.ly/2czW0qe+

--
Peterk