Can FOIA be fixed?

PeterK

Oct 21, 2017, 10:30:34 PM10/21/17
to RAINbyte, AIN, RECMGMT-L

Some common threads appeared across subcommittees' recommendations, such as increasing the use of e-discovery tools, making better use of technologies to search digital records and providing more information explaining the FOIA process online.

"There's a whole lot of information about FOIA searches that is not publicly available," said search subcommittee chair Nate Jones, director of the FOIA Project for George Washington University's National Security Archive. "There's nothing saying, 'agency x, how do you conduct a FOIA search?' ... Without this information, it's hard to find best practices and see what's working and what's not working."

http://bit.ly/2zrLsPV
http://bit.ly/2zrLsPV+

--
Peterk